Signs and Symptoms of tooth and/or gum disease may include but are not limited to the following:
- Pain in a tooth or teeth or pain in the gums surrounding a tooth or teeth.
- Pain or sensitivity when the tooth is exposed to heat or cold.
- Jaw pain which sometimes feels like it radiates to the ear.
- Swelling in or around the jaw or gums
- Difficulty opening your mouth.
- Bleeding gums or visibly exposed tooth root surfaces.
- Loose Teeth
- Pain or discomfort when you bite down
- Dark spots on teeth or visible tarter build up on the teeth.
It's very important to realize that many times tooth and gum disease can be present while you experience no signs or symptoms whatsoever. This fact makes it extremely important to been see by a dentist on a regular basis so that any underlying problems can be detected early while treatment is usually more simple and less expensive.